December 2008

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

I know i’m a but late with the holyday greetings, but I do have to work as well =) Nevertheless, I hope you’ve had a Merry Christmas and will have wonderful New Year!

I would also like to thank you for all the positive feedback comments I’ve received during the last couple of weeks. Please feel free to continue sending me any comments/suggestions/request you may have (click here to send me an email). I’ll be adding a couple of new articles once I’m back from the holidays so stay tuned for more tutorials.

Read more →

Rigging Pixar-ish Eyes

It only takes between 90 seconds and four minutes from the moment you meet a new person to decide whether you fancy him/her or not. Though it’s natural to think that this decision above all is based on the verbal communication, it’s in fact very much the opposite. What the person is actually saying only accounts for seven per cent of your impression. The tone, rhythm and inflection accounts for another thirty-eight per cent, which mean that the remaining fifty-five per cent comes solitary from the body language; in which the eyes plays a very vital part. In addition, you only make eye contact in about 20 per cent of the time while talking to a person, so during the other 80 per cent your eyes will be doing something else. And no, we’re not talking about where teenage boys are looking when chatting with a pretty girl.

Read more →